Friday, January 17, 2014

eat local

So this is a follow up post to my last post.  In addition to supporting our local brewpubs, Tom and I love to hit up the local eateries that Indy has to offer as well.  Sure, you know what you are getting when you go to the chains but if you can step outside of your comfort zone a bit, you will find some pretty surprising options here in the Hoosier state.  In the eat and drink portion of my blog, you will find reviews of the local joints we have tried that I feel deserve a shout out.  I would love to hear any suggestions you might have on groovy places near you so please feel free to comment on places Tom and I should try.  I stumbled upon this list of the top 25 local Indy restaurants to try published by visitindy.com that I plan on adding to my bucket list.  Tom and I hit up one of our favorite brunch places this morning called Zest! Exciting Food Creations (which does happen to have made the top 25 list).  They are located in the eclectic Broad Ripple Village area.  The interior of Zest! is as unique as its neighborhood and the food will blow your mind.  It is comfort food elevated to a point you didn't believe possible.  It somehow evokes nostalgia but at the same time introduces a taste combination that is completely new and exciting.  Tom had their sausage quiche.  I stole a bite and it was hands down the best quiche I have ever had.  It had a creaminess that I have never experienced in a quiche before and I highly suggest it!  I had their meatloaf sandwich with famous macaroni and cheese.  I very rarely order meatloaf at restaurants because the result can be pretty sketchy.  Zest's meatloaf however is melt in your mouth delicious...so much so that I took a picture of it. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment